If your organization is a SEDA member in good standing and have a job opening you’d like to see posted on this page (at no charge), please contact the SEDA Publications by clicking on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Port St. Lucie is seeking a Water Treatment Plant Operator A, B, or C; Responsible for proper water treatment facility operation. This position is full time, salary is $37,192 – $41,004 D.O.Q. To apply visit www.cityofpsl.com or contact Tracey Skinner, Employment Coordinator Phone: 772-807-4434 Email: email@example.com
The City of Pompano Beach is seeking a Utility Compliance & Efficiency Manager to manage compliance programs for the Utilities Department including development, design, implementation, tracking and assessment of compliance strategies. Programs include Utility permit compliance, utility plant compliance (such as sanitary surveys), distribution and collection system compliance, stormwater compliance (NPDES permit), consumptive use and conservation programs compliance. Supervises staff responsible for the coordination of utility programs such as water conservation, OASIS, grants, efficiency efforts such as Effective Utility Management and department safety. Qualifications include Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in science, business administration, planning, public relations, or related field. Five to seven years of experience working with permits and compliance programs related to water utilities (reuse and laboratory experience preferred). Strong written and oral communication skills required. Salary: $76,540 – $107,699. Candidates must apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/copbfl. Position is open until filled. E/O/E
The Island Water Association on Sanibel seeks an Industrial Electrician to work at our Reverse Osmosis plant. Excellent benefits. To submit a resume and view the entire job description, visit our website, www.islandwater.com.
James City Service Authority, Williamsburg, VA- Full-time waterworks operator $35,477 – $45,863 / year DOQ + Full-time County Benefits. Contact Jack Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operate, maintain, and repair mechanical and electrical systems at the RO Plant; diagnose operational and mechanical problems.
- Calculate chemical doses for water treatment; operate and maintain chemical feed equipment.
- Collect water samples as required by regulatory agencies including assorted chlorine residual, chemical and bacteriological samples as needed; follow up and coordinate with lab on test results.
- Operate and control water production facilities, booster stations and elevated tanks throughout the distribution system via SCADA system to meet water demands.
- Ensure efficient operation of the RO Plant; maintain established water quality standards by monitoring well operations; adjusting chemical treatment processes, adjusting pumping rates to maintain proper mix ratios between the upper and lower Potomac aquifers; performing administrative work maintaining RO Plant specific inventory; ordering items as necessary; initiating work orders, etc.
- Perform unsupervised work during their shift; 12 hour rotating 5:00pm – 5:00am shift with a 3 day weekend every other week.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; experience in water treatment and the maintenance and repair of related equipment; valid Class 4 or higher Waterworks Operator’s License preferred.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Must have the ability and tolerance to function in an environment that requires the use of respiratory protection devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance, plumbing, and basic electrical work; water chemistry, sampling, and test techniques involved in determining conductivity, chlorine residual, turbidity, PH, alkalinity, and other similar tests; principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in calculating chemical dosages, converting units of weights and measures, and performing laboratory tests.
Village of Wellington WTP seeks full time water plant operator. Salary: $15.82-31.88 hourly. For application fill out online at wellingtonfl.gov