If your organization is a SEDA member in good standing and have a job opening you’d like to see posted on this page (at no charge), please contact the SEDA Publications by clicking on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Port St. Lucie is seeking a Water Treatment Plant Operator A, B, or C; Responsible for proper water treatment facility operation. This position is full time, salary is $37,192 – $41,004 D.O.Q. To apply visit www.cityofpsl.com or contact Tracey Skinner, Employment Coordinator Phone: 772-807-4434 Email: email@example.com
Coral Springs Improvement District – Multiple Job Openings! Click Here for More Information.
American Water Acciona Agua –Plant Operator Gibsonton FL at the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalination Facility. More Information
Under close supervision, operate, maintain, and repair malfunctions at the water treatment plant; repair gauges, pumps, filters, and other controls and equipment.Monitor the performance of all equipment, gauges and charts in the treatment plant and pump stations; reports problems to others as they are encountered.Perform water and wastewater quality control tests using appropriate methodology. Maintain a variety of records and logs relating to inspections, operation and maintenance activity, water supply, consumption, etc. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; experience in water treatment and the maintenance and repair of related equipment; valid Class C or higher Florida Drinking Water Treatment Plant Operator’s License preferred. Florida Class C Water license required within 2 years of hire, successfully complete SEDA’s MOC training course.Salary Grade 10, $11.10 – $19.96 hourly.
The Island Water Association on Sanibel seeks an Industrial Electrician to work at our Reverse Osmosis plant. Excellent benefits. To submit a resume and view the entire job description, visit our website, www.islandwater.com.
James City Service Authority, Williamsburg, VA- Full-time waterworks operator $35,477 – $45,863 / year DOQ + Full-time County Benefits. Contact Jack Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operate, maintain, and repair mechanical and electrical systems at the RO Plant; diagnose operational and mechanical problems.
- Calculate chemical doses for water treatment; operate and maintain chemical feed equipment.
- Collect water samples as required by regulatory agencies including assorted chlorine residual, chemical and bacteriological samples as needed; follow up and coordinate with lab on test results.
- Operate and control water production facilities, booster stations and elevated tanks throughout the distribution system via SCADA system to meet water demands.
- Ensure efficient operation of the RO Plant; maintain established water quality standards by monitoring well operations; adjusting chemical treatment processes, adjusting pumping rates to maintain proper mix ratios between the upper and lower Potomac aquifers; performing administrative work maintaining RO Plant specific inventory; ordering items as necessary; initiating work orders, etc.
- Perform unsupervised work during their shift; 12 hour rotating 5:00pm – 5:00am shift with a 3 day weekend every other week.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; experience in water treatment and the maintenance and repair of related equipment; valid Class 4 or higher Waterworks Operator’s License preferred.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Must have the ability and tolerance to function in an environment that requires the use of respiratory protection devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance, plumbing, and basic electrical work; water chemistry, sampling, and test techniques involved in determining conductivity, chlorine residual, turbidity, PH, alkalinity, and other similar tests; principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in calculating chemical dosages, converting units of weights and measures, and performing laboratory tests.
Village of Wellington WTP seeks full time water plant operator. Salary: $15.82-31.88 hourly. For application fill out online at wellingtonfl.gov