If your organization is a SEDA member in good standing and have a job opening you’d like to see posted on this page (at no charge), please contact the SEDA Publications by clicking on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Port St. Lucie is seeking a Water Treatment Plant Operator A, B, or C; Responsible for proper water treatment facility operation. This position is full time, salary is $37,192 – $41,004 D.O.Q. To apply visit www.cityofpsl.com or contact Tracey Skinner, Employment Coordinator Phone: 772-807-4434 Email: email@example.com
Coral Springs Improvement District – Multiple Job Openings! Click Here for More Information.
American Water Acciona Agua –Plant Operator Gibsonton FL at the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalination Facility. More Information
City of Dunedin – Water Plant Operator – More Information
Village of Tequesta – Utilities Director in Tequesta, FL – More Information
Under close supervision, operate, maintain, and repair malfunctions at the water treatment plant; repair gauges, pumps, filters, and other controls and equipment.Monitor the performance of all equipment, gauges and charts in the treatment plant and pump stations; reports problems to others as they are encountered.Perform water and wastewater quality control tests using appropriate methodology. Maintain a variety of records and logs relating to inspections, operation and maintenance activity, water supply, consumption, etc. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; experience in water treatment and the maintenance and repair of related equipment; valid Class C or higher Florida Drinking Water Treatment Plant Operator’s License preferred. Florida Class C Water license required within 2 years of hire, successfully complete SEDA’s MOC training course.Salary Grade 10, $11.10 – $19.96 hourly.
The Island Water Association on Sanibel seeks an Industrial Electrician to work at our Reverse Osmosis plant. Excellent benefits. To submit a resume and view the entire job description, visit our website, www.islandwater.com.
James City Service Authority, Williamsburg, VA- Full-time waterworks operator $35,477 – $45,863 / year DOQ + Full-time County Benefits. Contact Jack Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operate, maintain, and repair mechanical and electrical systems at the RO Plant; diagnose operational and mechanical problems.
- Calculate chemical doses for water treatment; operate and maintain chemical feed equipment.
- Collect water samples as required by regulatory agencies including assorted chlorine residual, chemical and bacteriological samples as needed; follow up and coordinate with lab on test results.
- Operate and control water production facilities, booster stations and elevated tanks throughout the distribution system via SCADA system to meet water demands.
- Ensure efficient operation of the RO Plant; maintain established water quality standards by monitoring well operations; adjusting chemical treatment processes, adjusting pumping rates to maintain proper mix ratios between the upper and lower Potomac aquifers; performing administrative work maintaining RO Plant specific inventory; ordering items as necessary; initiating work orders, etc.
- Perform unsupervised work during their shift; 12 hour rotating 5:00pm – 5:00am shift with a 3 day weekend every other week.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; experience in water treatment and the maintenance and repair of related equipment; valid Class 4 or higher Waterworks Operator’s License preferred.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Must have the ability and tolerance to function in an environment that requires the use of respiratory protection devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance, plumbing, and basic electrical work; water chemistry, sampling, and test techniques involved in determining conductivity, chlorine residual, turbidity, PH, alkalinity, and other similar tests; principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in calculating chemical dosages, converting units of weights and measures, and performing laboratory tests.
Village of Wellington WTP seeks full time water plant operator. Salary: $15.82-31.88 hourly. For application fill out online at wellingtonfl.gov