The Southeast Desalting Association (SEDA) annually awards scholarships to eligible, undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree relating to the drinking water and wastewater treatment industries. The scholarship provides reimbursement of tuition, books, and fees through the College/University Financial Aid Department and is generally disbursed to the school in the fall of the year the scholarship is awarded. Students may be considered eligible if they apply, the award criteria are met, and the scoring of the student(s) overall application merit award of a scholarship.
- Applicant must be an upper level undergraduate (over 65 credit hours), or graduate, student enrolled in an accredited institution located within SEDA’s region (as defined in its Bylaws) and currently majoring in an area related to the drinking water or wastewater industries.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average based on a 4.0 system.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Complete the attached application form.
- Enclose official college transcript(s) for undergraduate courses (as applicable).
- Enclose two letters of recommendation.
- Enclose a cover letter (no more than two pages) describing your interest in the SEDA scholarship and why you are the ideal candidate.
- Mail to: Scholarships, C/O SEDA Administrator, 354 NW Alice Ave, Stuart, FL 34994
- Evaluation will be made on the basis of academic performance, work experience, community and civic activities, honors, career goals, letters of recommendation, and evidence of leadership, motivation, character, and self-reliance.
- At the option of the Scholarship and Awards Committee, the top five candidates may be telephone interviewed by a member of the scholarship committee.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Scholarship and Awards Committee and the Board of Directors of SEDA.
Deadline for Submission: Applications must be postmarked no later than midnight, March 15th
Final Selection: Committee will make final selection of scholarship awardees by April 15.